for when things go wrong.
we provide proactive advice to prevent you from committing an offence and defend you if you don’t get it quite right.
Having acted for clients of all sizes and in a variety of sectors Ferguson Legal tailors our advice, strategy and approach specifically to you and the facts of the case.
Founded by Carole Ferguson, a dual qualified solicitor in Scotland and England, her experience on a huge variety of cases is invaluable.
A brief outline of our experience and successes are outlined below:
Health and Safety.
No matter the business sector you must comply with health and safety legislation. We have years of experience helping clients when things have gone wrong. When you are faced with a health and safety issue give us a call, we are here to help guide your way to secure the best commercial outcome.
- Represented and advised International Company following a fatality during a Renewable Energy construction project.
- Represented and advised Oil & Gas company following a fatality on an offshore facility.
- Advised a client on handling regulatory investigations after a major legionella outbreak including prohibition and improvement notices; PR and media relations.
The challenges and opportunities posed by environmental law on the business world have created a real demand for our environmental services. The complex and changing regulations, like most regulatory areas, mean that you will want our working knowledge of the law to secure the best commercial outcome.
- Represented one of the UK's leading generators of renewable power on environmental issues including compliance reports, operating permits and EA prosecutions.
- Successfully defended a multi-national chemical company for Water Resources Act 1991 offences (chemical discharge into a pond resulting in the death of pond life).
Transport and Logistics.
When your Operator’s Licence is at risk because of traffic prosecutions or public inquiries, you have to act fast. At Ferguson Legal we have often reduced or mitigated convictions, so that charges are withdrawn or reduced in number.
- Successfully defended a company director for dangerous driving.
- Representation provided during a Traffic Commissioner inquiry successfully securing no action against HGV licence.
- Representation & advice provided in various Public Inquiry’s including the Trident incident and Colin MacRae Helicopter incident.
With such a broad subject concerning constantly evolving legislation, it is essential to seek legal advice as early as possible. We can provide proactive advice to prevent you from committing an offence and will defend you if you don’t get it quite right.
- Successfully defended an international toy retailer charged with supplying an unsafe product.
- Secured reduced charges for furniture retailer in Misrepresentation case.
- Conducted Health and safety checks, audits, gap analysis reports. Advised on and drafted policies in line with legislation and regulation. Provided legal opinions in respect of interpretation of Acts and Regulations.